The Bible clearly tells us that it is our belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God that gets us to Heaven. The Bible also teaches that water baptism is for those who have decided to begin a relationship with Jesus Christ.
It is the next symbolic step that says to the world, “I am going to live my life to honor Jesus Christ”. Baptism is simply the outward, symbolic act of that decision. A good analogy is a wedding ring. It isn’t the ring that means you’re married; it is the commitment made before the ring that determines a marriage. The ring is just a symbol of a decision that has already been made.
- You will be notified of the next upcoming baptism date to choose the best option for you and your family members.
- Each person who registers to be baptized is declaring that they have personally made a decision to start a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We will water baptize children when they personally make a decision to start a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- You will need to share a short testimony on the day of your baptism. We will help you walk through what you would like to say.
- If you have any questions regarding baptism, you can contact our coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (360) 602-1184.